Friday, July 6, 2012

Break Time in the Gym – Google's Augmented Reality Glasses


Okay, I know we usually talk about muscle building techniques and stuff like that, but I wanted to share this infographic really quickly. I've heard about the Google Glasses before, and thought that they were pretty cool, but I just came across this that explained a whole lot more about them. Aside from making the jobs of pedophiles and stalkers a little easier, they seem like they can be pretty useful in daily life.

I'm a sci-fi junkie, and these just seem so futuristic. I mean seriously, “Augmented Reality Glasses.” That just sounds like something from a Philip K. Dick story. Apparently they can take photos at any time, give you weather updates, and offer a small heads up display right across your field of vision. This is seriously science fiction. A heads up display is what the Master Chief has on his helmet in the year two-gazillion AD. Think how easy it will be for a draconian government to keep tabs on every single person alive. Think of all the pictures you could take of your ex-girlfriend getting into her car after work. Think of the absolute legal crap storm that's going to come from the fact that you can literally take a picture of anyone's face without them knowing. Am I getting one? You bet.


0 comments:

Post a Comment