Thursday, June 23, 2011

300 Spartan Warrior Workout PART 2




There's another video on here showing the intense 300 spartan warrior workout, but I feel this video gives you a lot more options to work with. I also prefer the setup of the routine. In the first Spartan workout video LeanBodyLifestyle recommended doing 50 reps for each exercise, and 6 different exercises for 300 total reps.

This video suggests 30 reps per exercise and 10 different exercises. Now, I'm in shape, and 50 for each rep was HARD AS HELL!!! For several of the last sets my muscles were well past maxed out. 30 reps per set gives you intense muscle fatigue and allows you to spread the workout over your entire body more evenly. I'm a proponent of this style, but you're free to choose your own path. Remember - you don't need a high priced gym membership to get results. Strength without weights is the new era of fitness.

Here's the vid:


4 comments:

How many times per week do you suggest doing this work out if it is my only work out. Should you do them every day or is it better to take rest days? Thanks.

Hey Smitty,

It's always good to take rest days. Your workouts tear down the muscle, your rest days build it back, bigger and better. I do this Mondays and Thursdays, giving me two days and then three days between each workout. It depends what your goals are though. Are you shooting to gain muscle mass or just definition?

Andrew,
Thanks for the clarification. How would my routine differ with these exercises if I were looking to gain muscle versus definition?

If I'm shooting for bulk I make sure to push to failure on every workout day. I make sure I take the full three days over the weekend for recovery, while eating heaps of protein and complex carbs every day of the week.

For definition, I take Saturday to do high intensity interval trailing and a short high intensity kettlebell session (with a 16kg). Lighter equals faster.

What's the difference? I've found that taking those extra recovery days is what supercharges your weight gain. I've put on more muscle faster with two workouts a week than with four or five. That being said, I like the LOOK of my body more when taking Saturday for interval training/kettlebell. I feel better, and there's definitely more cut to the muscles, even though they're not as big.

Post a Comment