Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Relief from Chronic and Acute Pain Due to Sports Injuries?


It's hard to work out when you're in pain, and really you shouldn't even be trying. Both chronic and acute pain can come from a myriad of different types of sports injuries, and even more that are caused by other conditions, but which could be exacerbated by sports.

In this community, getting injured is the last thing you want to do- it can be a career ender. But sometimes accidents happen and there's nothing you can do about it. I know that more than anybody probably- a few years ago I blew out my ACL, not actually working out, but playing ultimate frisbee if you can believe it.

I went through surgery and the whole shebang, and it's pretty much recovered now, but every now and then I still get a dull, thudding pain going through my knee. So I've been looking into muscle stimulators, which are a form of mild electroshock therapy that can help relieve pain. Specifically, I've been looking at TENS units, which stands for Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation.

Basically, they send a low volt electrical impulse through your skin to the nerves that are acting up and causing you pain. If you want to take a look, you can visit LGMedSupply online to browse through their units.

See, I like their home units because they're portable- I can take mine to work with me as well and keep in the car when I'm at the gym. That way I know that if the pain starts coming back I have a quick fix. I've tried pain medication too, but what I don't like about that is it affects your whole body, and with all the other supplements I take I hate to throw in yet another pill.

I use the LG-TEC Dual Combo TENS Unit and Muscle Stimulator, but if you want information you can just check out their online customer blog, which has tons of info about this stuff.

1 comments:

Wow, Fantastic Blog, it’s so helpful to me, and your blog is very good, I’ve learned a lot from your blog here, Keep on going, my friend; I will keep an eye on it,

Thank you to tell us so much useful information. I’m glad to read it.


Myofascial pain

Post a Comment