Friday, April 29, 2011

4-Hour Body Review: How You Could Be Wasting Your Time With This Book





Is it possible to lose 20 pounds in 30 days, add 50 pounds to your deadlifts in a few months, and give your partner a 15 minute orgasm again and again? Tim Ferriss seems to think so, and he explains how all this is possible in his book 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman.

4-Hour Body Review

Ever since The 4-Hour Body was released a few months ago, people have been emailing me to see what I actually think of the book. I actually didn't pick it up right away, but after reading about it quite a bit and receiving so many requests for a review, I went ahead and ordered a copy on Amazon to see if it actually delivered on its promises for strength without weights.

If you've never heard of The 4 Hour Body, I'll save a lot of time and words by just letting you watch this trailer.



Okay, what the trailer is telling us is that Tim Ferriss knows all the secrets to performing superhuman feats: feats that encompass strength, weight loss, physical stamina, sexual prowess, and how to sleep only two hours a day and feel rested. This is covering a tremendous amount of ground, making it nearly impossible to review the entire book as a whole.

Rather, the 4-Hour Body is more like a cookbook than a novel, and Tim Ferriss even suggests in the forward that you don't try to read the entire book in one sitting. Some people may not ever make it to some of the sections, because a bodybuilder may have no interest in learning how to run 100 miles, and someone who wants to lose weight may not want to learn how to utilize polyphasic sleep. (I think everyone will be interested in the chapter on better sex though...I know that's the first chapter I thumbed to.)

Is the 4-Hour Body a Waste of Time?


Now, this begs the question of whether or not the book is just a giant waste of time if you're only interested in one thing. I mean, if you're a female who wants to slim down your waistline a little, it's doubtful that you would be interested in gaining 30 pounds of muscle in 30 days. In that scenario, yes, it's possible that the Four Hour Body isn't for you. Conversely, I personally found that I could take something from nearly every chapter. I haven't tried polyphasic sleep yet, but it's something that interests me that I'd love to have a go at some time in the future.

Gaining Muscle in the 4-Hour Body

I personally found that the section on adding muscle really delivered. That's the reason I bought the book in the first place, and that's the chapter I read first (besides the sex one). My results were not as impressive as Tim's I'll admit, but I certainly saw some improvements in my lifting capabilities and I ended up gaining 12 pounds of muscle in 30 days, a feat that I had never been able to accomplish previously.

Summary

So, is Tim Ferriss's book The 4-Hour Body an incredible waste of time? It depends what your expectations are. If you want some unique methods of gaining muscle, then no. If you want to lose weight, no. If you want to become intimate with a woman's lower anatomy, a resounding NO. The only reason it may be a waste of your time is if you buy it and never really try anything that Tim Ferriss does. I would personally read anything by Tim Ferriss because I like the way he brings his own personal experiences into the formula, it's always a bit of a rollercoaster ride, and I love every minute of it

And don't miss the Somanabolic Muscle Maximizer download.

0 comments:

Post a Comment