Saturday, January 5, 2013

Progressive Blaster Sets for Arm Strength



I've been using a certain technique that I've shown to a couple friends, and let me just say they hate me because of that. Basically, it's a pretty simple progressive rep workout that works on biceps and shoulders, although the concept can be carried over to any body part.

I use this as a finishing exercise in my workout to max out my arm muscles, two times a week.

Okay, so this example is arms:

Start with alternating dumbbell curls with between 40 and 70lbs (do 20-60 if you have trouble with that weight. The goal is for max weight though).


Do 10 reps with each arm with 40lbs. Rest for 5 seconds and then do 10 with 45lbs. Keep moving up in 5lb increments until you hit 70lbs. Once you get that high your reps may be closer to 6 or 8, but push for 10 as long as possible.

After 70lbs, bring it all the way back down to 40lbs again.

That's one set!

Shoot for 2-3 sets if you can, and push those arm muscles as hard as humanly possible!

0 comments:

Post a Comment