Friday, January 11, 2013

Top 10 Workouts for Muscle Mass- #2 Squats



Squats

Yep, here it is. I know you were all waiting to see this one on the list. Something like 70% (a little less I think) of all your muscle mass comes from heavy squats.

I want to clear something up though- by saying squat right now I mean the back squat, which in my mind is the true squat. This is with the bar resting on your shoulders, lifting with your legs and stabilizing with your core.

Front squats are fantastic too, don't get me wrong, and for the most part they're going to give you the same muscle building benefits, but when I break down the serious BEST workouts for muscle mass, I don't think much can beat the back squat.

A quick note, just make sure you're using a spotter. While being one of the best exercises out there, it's also one of the most dangerous, and a lot of injuries can come from doing it wrong. So make sure there's someone else there in the gym with you, especially for higher weight sets.


0 comments:

Post a Comment