Saturday, November 3, 2012

Beginner Workout Plans: Starter Tips Part 7

Tip: Supplements- Multivitamin

But Andrew, I can hear you saying, where are the REAL supplements? Yesterday I talked about protein as one of the three supplements I would recommend to a beginner bodybuilder. Today I'm talking about a...multivitamin?

Absolutely. Workout plans, no matter how high or low intensity you make them, burn more energy than your body is used to. You need vitamins and minerals to replace those lost during your workouts, and to boost your growing muscles.

However, a multi-vitamin isn't going to cover for an unhealthy diet. I recommend eating fresh, natural foods, and then using the multivitamin as sort of an insurance measure. You can't measure every single vitamin in your food, so you may not be getting enough of something. The multi-vitamin just sort of steps in and evens things out.

If you're on a weight loss regimen, I would even recommend taking an extra multivitamin daily to replace all those lost nutrients that would have normally come from your diet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment