Saturday, September 29, 2012

Beginner Workout Plans: Common Mistakes Part 5

Mistake: Ignoring the basic principles

Everybody wants to look like Arnold. Everybody wants to look like Bruce Lee. Oh, is that just me? Didn't think so.

So while we're all so eager to add more weight, increase our reps, and bulk up to incredible sizes, we sometimes forget to stop and think about the fundamental principles of bodybuilding.

A common beginner bodybuilding mistake that I often see is guys trying to add more and more weight without mastering the form and technique. I wrote another post on form and performance a few weeks ago, and basically what I'm saying is that your form dictates your level of performance.

Don't believe me? Go do the bench press for 20 days and just throw it up as hard as you can each rep and let the bar rest on your flat palms.

I'm kidding, don't do that. It's dangerous and could really get you hurt. The point is, your form is extremely important. That's a gross exaggeration of how it will be, but the fundamental principle is no different.

I pewrsonally recommend starting with less weight at the beginning to learn how the exercises work. That lets you focus on form over whether or not you can actually do the damn exercise. After that, build your workout plans from the bottom up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment