Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Simple Exercise Routine on a Budget- Cutting Down the Grocery Bill

Bodybuilders and weight lifters like us run through an awful lot of food. And by awful lot I mean a hell of a lot. I've been going through a simple exercise routine for the past three weeks where I've been trying to eat at least 3,500 calories every day. Trust me when I say that's not exactly small potatoes.

So is it actually possible to do this on a budget? I was waiting in line the other day at the grocery store and the person in front of me ran up a bill of about $170. Glancing over his cart, it was pretty much all filled with junk food – sodas, frozen meals, chips, cookies, etc. All processed, all absolutely horrible.

So it's obvious we need to work on our grocery shopping. Protein is the go to word for building muscle mass, but meat and chicken can really add up. Try eggs for a cheap, high protein staple. If you're watching cholesterol and don't want to toss the yolks, you can get liquid eggs which are only whites. If you love cottage cheese but hate the price tag, just get some casein instead.

Finally, if you really want that fish, meat, and chicken for protein variety, hit up some smaller chop houses and mom and pop butchers if you can find them. Usually you can work out a deal if you plan to buy a lot over the course of, say, a month.

0 comments:

Post a Comment